Equity and debt crowdfunding is the future:
- Customers want to invest in products and businesses they use.
- Digital assets and blockchain-based tokens will push investing to mobile devices.
- Fintech and big data have exposed the fat underbelly of venture capital, private equity, capital markets and IPOs to the potential of blockchain liposuction.
- AI driven valuations will break the “good ole boy” syndication of deals, forcing valuations to be based on validated business models, revenues, profits and scalability that does not come at outlandish customer acquisition cost.
- Fractional ownership of crowdsources patents will change consumer behaviors and incentives.
As Axes and Eggs approaches 2020 we’re looking forward to what the next decade of opportunities look like. After nearly four years of living, breathing and surfing the tsunami that has been blockchain-based cryptocurrencies — ICOs, STOs, IEOs, as well as token generating events (TGEs), digital securities offerings (DSOs) and so much more — we are left with the simple conclusion that change is coming. Traditional capital markets, startup financing and small business capital is fundamentally under siege. That is not a bad thing. Too, it’s not that there is a single methodology or technology that is disrupting finance. Rather, fintech as a whole is disrupting fintech and traditional banking, ecommerce, and investment industries.